Senior software engineer and data scientist focusing on high impact initiatives at the intersection of research, society and technology.
Pedro worked as a senior software engineer and data scientist at Strydal, FundCalcs, SimpleSchoolAdmin, wearebo and Wordans.
He is reading for a M.S. in Data Science and Engineering at Instituto Superior Técnico and holds a M.S. in Finance and a B.S. in Economics from Nova School of Business and Economics.
His research interests involve using information engineering, high performance computing and security in complex networks, social science and risk management.
Feel free to get in touch via twitter or email.
- Previously worked as a senior software engineer and data scientist at Strydal, FundCalcs, SimpleSchoolAdmin, wearebo and Wordans
- M.S. Data Science and Engineering, Instituto Superior Técnico, 2022
- M.S. Finance, Nova School of Business and Economics, 2016
- B.S. Economics, Nova School of Business and Economics, 2013
- Wordans, collaborative filtering recommendation system, marketing funnel, bayesian split tests of key initiatives, search algorithm, management accounting system and pricing optimisation.
- Natural language processing
- Computer vision
- Knowledge representation
- Optimisation and algorithms
High Performance Computing and Security
- Parallel computing
- Distributed computing
- Privacy preserving computation
Complex networks, Social Science and Risk Management
- Identification, characterisation and decomposition of propaganda initiatives, communities, actors, objectives and effects
- Propaganda cascades, robustness and resilience on multi layer temporal networks
- Cryptographic democracy and social choice
- Systemic risk and capacity planning